- Join Club [入会]
- Event Calendar
- Gallery (写真)
- Contact Us [お問い合わせ]
Gallery - how to upload photos
How to upload photos to the gallery
Please show your event photos and share large photos with other members.
Please share within 1 month after events as lots of large photos cannot be kept for a long time on the server. A few small sized samples from each year will be put in the previous events gallery.
1. Good photos - people, scenery, interesting things.
2. Bad photos ok! if people might want them special or group photo...maybe out of focus or dark.
3. Do not to upload many similar photos - like 10 sunsets - choose the best 2 or 3.
4. Photos that promote OCJ ... always a good point!
5. Best size for photos is about 1MB to 5MB each but larger ok. You can upload large photos like 10-15MB each, movies to 90MB - no problem.
6. If you have many photos (50-100 or more) it is best to re-size them to 1-3MB each before uploading.
7. Do not put more than 150-200MB in one album - make a new one. If too large the zip download will not work.
8. Do not use special characters in album names ... "@#^%&*(:<>?". Your album might not download in a zip.
9. Youtube linked moves will play but uploaded movies will not - you need to download and play.
Youtube movies can be converted and saved to your computer with a browser plugin - easy way.
Better quality movies maybe better uploaded in the discussion message board - attach them to a topic (up to 90MB ok).
10. Google Chrome browser has problems with upload ... use another browser if it does not work.
11. Remember ... the owner of the photos owns the copyright - do not use photos in other places without their permission.
1. Go to 'Albums', and 'My Albums'. Then click 'New Album'.
2. Make a title (description also ok).
Also, uploading a good small re-sized photo as 'Icon' looks better.
Then click 'Submit'.
Unfortunately, only Admin can set 'Featured Album' to 'Yes', it will appear on the front page of the gallery ... If time, Admin will do this on a weekly basis.
You can set privacy for everyone or only members - your choice.
IMPORTANT! - do not change the other settings!... just click submit.
3. Click 'Mass Upload' and then click 'Select Files'.
4. Select the files - 1 or many, and click 'Save' (windows).
5. IMPORTANT! ...you must click 'Upload'. If you do not click [3. Upload ] nothing will happen.
6. WAIT! ONLY when 100% finished, click 'Submit' at the bottom.