Topic: Just joined: can I pay without Paypal  (Read 385 times)

stephenwu

Just joined: can I pay without Paypal
« on: Sun May 14, 2017, 10:17 AM »
I'm living in Japan now.
I do not use paypal.
Is there any other ways to pay?

Thanks,
Stephen

Offline andy duggan

• Registered
  • Paid Member
  • Nationality (国籍): British
  • Hiking Level (ハイキングレベル): Advanced or high level (上級)
Re: Just joined: can I pay without Paypal
« Reply #1 on: Mon May 15, 2017, 04:10 PM »
You need to use a credit card or bank debit card... PayPal just collect the money safely and pass on to us. This way we do not need to take card details - safer for everyone. OCJ accounts are opened automatically after payment.

Some banks can send money to PayPal like 7-i banking. I cannot help more as this is voluntary and not a job - I cannot afford to spend more time.
Other option is send to a UK bank account. It will cost a lot more, and you will have to wait for it to be opened manually.

Details about paying the membership are all shown on the join page:

http://outdoorclubjapan.com/index.php?topic=3454.0

It is quite simple and we have been using this system since about 2011. Because it is automatic, it saves everyone time and money. Any other way will involve the cost of 'work' which will be a lot more than the cost of membership now.

One way you can do as an alternative is using  Western Union or Moneygram and send it that way - the cost is higher than Paypal. You can do online or at a shop (there are quite a few agents in Tokyo).
« Last Edit: Sat May 20, 2017, 07:27 PM by manager »

Offline scotchgit

• Registered
  • Paid Member
  • Hiking Level (ハイキングレベル): Above Beginner (初級上)
Cant find guest logon from paypal
« Reply #2 on: Wed May 31, 2017, 01:48 PM »
Andy. trying to rejoin the club and trying to pay via paypal but when i click the link on your page i get taken to the jp ver of pp. also i i dont have the option to pay as a guest it is demanding i join pp.

Am i doing it wrong?

Any help would be appreciated !

//AT

Offline andy duggan

• Registered
  • Paid Member
  • Nationality (国籍): British
  • Hiking Level (ハイキングレベル): Advanced or high level (上級)
Re: Just joined: can I pay without Paypal
« Reply #3 on: Wed May 31, 2017, 09:43 PM »
Alex, welcome home.
PayPal selects the language based on browser setting and your IP probably. There is a link on PayPal somewhere which changes the language to your choice.... you need to find it. Might be at the bottom of the page.

As for guest, you can see in my recent photo it does allow guest payment. Maybe clear your browser cache before visiting the site.

The photos on the join club page were  renewed about a week ago so up to date. As its only 1000en+ these days, I can''t spend time. If it doesn't work best to ask PayPal.
Read through this page and try the  suggestions. Or just sign up for PayPal.

http://outdoorclubjapan.com/index.php?topic=3454.0

Not much I can do - basically, at this membership price, every minute I spend here I'm losing my salary. I get stuff like this every week from people and it became hours of emails. Can't do it.

Post Comment or Link