Topic: Summer - Swim in Pools in River 6 Locations (relax or cook food ok)  (Read 406 times)

Offline andy duggan

• Registered
  • Paid Member
  • Nationality (国籍): British
  • Hiking Level (ハイキングレベル): Advanced or high level (上級)
These are good places to swim in small pools in the river, relax and maybe cook on stove etc.

There are photos attached on the website page but only members can see - you need to log in!!!

West Tanzawa
Several good pools along this river. Cycling would be good but easy to walk along and back again - see attached photo.

East Tanzawa
Bus stop is close to river and large area to swim in - very convenient.  See photo map.

North Tanzawa

There are some easy waterfall hikes but no swimming places I remember. At the top of the valley near the last bus stop is a beautiful small turquoise pool - great for swim and relax. Further up the stream good picnic spots.
See attached map.

Chichibu
This is an easy hike ans chance to swim in several places. Mountain is not worth going up to top!
There are caves, rocks and shrine at the beginning. further up the track is a small beautiful turquoise pool - must go in!
After that hiking trail to Komochi and Oomochiyama. 2 or 3 ways down I think and more rivers to explore.

I recommend this and the Tanzawa routes.

Kawanori in Okutama
Easy access and bus is 15 minutes from Okutama station. There are several good pools and limestone gives the water good colour. See special directions on photo.

Nippara - after Kawanori
Some pools after the fishing places - before the bridge. Worth investigating. Pools are on the left side walking along the road. See map.

Members will need to decide and post event - organize meet point etc. Very easy events to plan.
« Last Edit: Mon Jul 10, 2017, 04:02 AM by andy duggan »

Offline andy duggan

• Registered
  • Paid Member
Re: Summer - Swim in Pools in River 6 Locations (relax or cook food ok)
« Reply #1 on: Mon Jul 10, 2017, 04:12 AM »
2 photos from the north Tanzawa trip in May 2014. Details are in previous events.

Offline Gordon

• Registered
  • Paid Member
  • Member Since 2012
« Reply #2 on: Mon Jul 10, 2017, 10:42 AM »
I remember that pool in Tanzawa

Offline andy duggan

• Registered
  • Paid Member
« Reply #3 on: Mon Jul 10, 2017, 08:42 PM »
It was a nice pool. Worth going for swim, BBQ, swim and drink (... in that order due to H&S).
The pool in Chichibu is like the one in Tanzawa - beautiful colour but small.

The river heading west from the lake also has some good spots - maybe not as colourful but big pools. I cycled past many years ago but didn't go back for summer swim event. A few members were asking so hopefully they will post.

Post Comment or Link