Topic: Anyone for Kamikochi this week-end?  (Read 194 times)

Offline marcb

• Registered
  • Paid Member
  • Nationality (国籍): French
  • Hiking Level (ハイキングレベル): Experienced (経験)
Anyone for Kamikochi this week-end?
« on: Tue Oct 03, 2017, 03:24 PM »
If the weather forecast stays as it is, I might be going to Kamikochi (Yarigatake, Hotaka-dake) this long week-end, maybe extending over Tuesday.
If instead of chilling out on Niijima you want to see the Alps before winter comes, read on!

(don't want this to be a compettition to Rob's event, by all means go to Niijima, that's gonna be much more fun! Only thought maybe some people are already planning Alps trip and we might as well try to go together)

I have been to Kamikochi before and it offers among the most amazing sceneries I've seen so far in the japanese mountains.
I want to go back to follow the more difficult routes (probably fit 3+/tech 3-4), but there are many options in this area (down to fit 2-3/tech2-3 depending what you bypass).

Would consider having very experienced people with me the whole way, but that'll take some convincing (PM me if you think you see what I am talking about and have been meaning to do the same).

More realistically, also possible to do part of the travel together, if someone is willing to lead the beginning and end of the hike (can be made as low as fit 2/tech 2 I'd say).

Sorry, as you see no proper plan yet, since the plan will depend on who is interested! I will edit and repost accordingly.
This post might very well be totally useless after all, but I thought it was worth letting people know just in case...

Offline Jurga

• Registered
  • Paid Member
  • Nationality (国籍): Lithuanian
  • Hiking Level (ハイキングレベル): Advanced or high level (上級)
Re: Anyone for Kamikochi this week-end?
« Reply #1 on: Tue Oct 03, 2017, 04:21 PM »
Hey :)
What a coincidence - me and my husband Justas are also going to Kamikochi :) We have a 3days plan, including Yarigatake and Daikiretto.
We will arrive on Friday and spend night in the tent somewhere near the last train stop. In the morning - bus to Kamikochi. We will be hiking with a tent (no huts).
Maybe we could meet somewhere or hike for a while together :) Or maybe more people will join :) My contacts: 070-1257-2985, fb Jurgelis Meistrelis

Offline marcb

• Registered
  • Paid Member
  • Nationality (国籍): French
  • Hiking Level (ハイキングレベル): Experienced (経験)
Re: Anyone for Kamikochi this week-end?
« Reply #2 on: Tue Oct 03, 2017, 04:32 PM »
Hey, that's what I was hoping for! This 3 day itinerary is great, I did it last time bypassing Yari to have more time for Daikiretto not knowing exactly what to expect there (unnecessary, I found out).

Problem is my current plan will make me lag one day behind you guys. Was originally planning on taking Friday off to be at Yari on Saturday, but the weather on Friday/Saturday does not seem to really agree with this plan.

Post Comment or Link