Fri June 28th 7:30pm: OCJ Social Night - Cheap Hidden Izakaya in Shimbashi

Anyone can attend. Usually no event fee except if hire costs or overnight events.
Forum rules
We do not answer questions about your private holiday events
Anyone can attend - just reply to event topic.
You accept legal responsibility for yourself, your property, and travel arrangments if attending these events.
Adam

Fri June 28th 7:30pm: OCJ Social Night - Cheap Hidden Izakaya in Shimbashi

Post by Adam »

Friday, June 28, 7:30pm: OCJ Social Night - Cheap, Hidden Izakaya in Shimbashi

Let's meet at the head of the steam locomotive outside the west exit of Shimbashi Station. If you are late you can send me a message on this website and I can come out find you. The izakaya is about 5 minutes from the station.

We can get together and talk about our trips (past, present, and future), make arrangements, and explore one of Tokyo's culinary underbellies.

Shimbashi is a Salaryman's Paradise with many tiny eateries and bars. One izakaya in particular is from a bygone era that even Google hasn't discovered! It's very cheap and the service is friendly. It's always bustling with Salerymen and women blowing off steam, so the atmosphere becomes very lively.

It's better that we meet beforehand and go to the place together. Just outside the west exit of Shimbashi Station is a giant Steam Locomotive. Let's meet at the front end of the locomotive at 7:30pm. From there we'll head as a group down some yokochos and into the izakaya.

Please holler on this page if you can attend.
Kushal

Post by Kushal »

I'm in. See you Friday!
Takashi

Post by Takashi »

I'm in.
Thanks to throw this event Adam.
Kriss Taty

Post by Kriss Taty »

I want to go so we can talk about the coming trip, but I don't really drink (I'm a one or two drinks kind of person), is that OK?
Kushal

Post by Kushal »

Don't worry, I'm a zero drinks person :D
June

Post by June »

I'd like to join this event.
I can drink
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

Would love to join guys and girls, shinbashgi is a place i regularly go as it is close to my office. Unfortunatley this friday i have a meeting in yokohama so i cant make it.

Sure you will have fun around there.

Regards

Gordon
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hello all. Kriss, no need to worry if you only have one, two, or none at all. It's a fun opportunity to experience Japanese culture and sample new food. We can keep track of our drinks so those who don't drink, don't have to pay more than their fair share.

Gordon, we'll have a good time, but not a quite as good when you are around. We'll be ready to rock and roll the next time you join!

See everyone tomorrow.
Mayumi

Post by Mayumi »

Off Topic
Hi, I’d like to join the event. Thanks!
aki weston

Post by aki weston »

I’m in
Adam

Post by Adam »

See you there Aki.

We are now 7.

1) Kushal
2) Kriss
3) Takashi
4) June
5) Mayumi
6) Aki
7) Adam

If you find yourself running behind, please use the mChat option to inform us.
See you all at the front of the big Steam Locomotive at Shimbashi Station at 7:30. And bring your appetite for squid bellies!
June

Post by June »

Hello Adam
I'm running late. Sorry
Can I join later??
Adam

Post by Adam »

Ok June. Send another message when you arrive.
June

Post by June »

I'm at SL広場 now.
Where should I go?
Adam

Post by Adam »

We are close to here: 〒105-0004 Tōkyō-to, Minato-ku, Shinbashi, 2-chōme−2−8-15 NSプラザ新橋ビル1F

Post by Guest »

I'm in front of 博多天神 ramen restrant now
Adam

Post by Adam »

We had a very nice Social Event last night.It was a good turnout and I could sense the good vibes. We even had to think on our feet and change restaurants last minute. Ultimately, I think we found a better spot where we could enjoy the outdoors. That's what were all about, after all. Thank you all for attending. I'm glad it could all happen and it was a wonderful time. We look forward to seeing you out in the field next time!

Congratulations to Takashi on graduating from "Above Beginner" level!

DSCN0273.JPG