Fri 18th Feb: Club Social Night: Akihabara Hub Pub - 8pm start

Anyone can attend. Usually no event fee except if hire costs or overnight events.
Forum rules
We do not answer questions about your private holiday events
Anyone can attend - just reply to event topic.
You accept legal responsibility for yourself, your property, and travel arrangments if attending these events.
Andy OCJ
Registered
Nationality (国籍): British
Hiking Level: Advanced or high level (上級)

Fri 18th Feb: Club Social Night: Akihabara Hub Pub - 8pm start

Post by Andy OCJ »

Social Night: Akihabara Hub Pub Fri. 18th Feb. from 7.45pm-8pm.
Also lottery for free membership and T-shirts.

Casual meeting of members, their guests, and visitors who want to join the club...

Cash bar, food available - order and pay yourself. We are usually at the tables outside the bar (but in the building). Look around and just ask people if they are from Outdoor Club Japan.

Near Yodobashi Camera, Tsukuba express exit and Yamanote line - about 1 minute from station.

How to get there
Photos can be seen on the OCJ message board.
Ground floor of office building about 100m from JR Akihabara station. Central exit nearest Yodobashi Camera and Tsukuba Express line train (not Electric Town exit).

The easy way is come out of the central exit near the Tsukuba express and turn left, then go round to the train tracks (yamanote line above). Follow the tracks 2 minutes (Ueno direction - north) and you arrive at the building ( Fuji Soft BLDG) with the Hub pub inside. On the way you will pass MacDonalds on the right side and you will see Yodabashi camera on the right across the road.

Look for OCJ sign or big group of people of mixed nationalities just outside the door - we will have tables outside pub (in building so dry).

if you get lost.

Also OCJ T-shirts available 1,000en each.

Map and details all on the home page here:
http://www.pub-hub.com/shop/akiba/index.html

〒101-0022
東京都千代田区神田練塀町3
富士ソフト秋葉原ビル1F
秋葉原駅 徒歩2分
TEL: 03-3526-6882

Last edited by Andy OCJ on Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UK Mountain Leader (Mountain Training Association - MTA)Image
Heath Milligan

Post by Heath Milligan »

Cool!  See you there :-)
We brought back 1 new mid-weight Icebreaker (merino wool) from the outlet store in New Zealand (top quality but very cheap) in case one of the OCJ ladies is interested in it for keeping warm skiing/hiking this winter/spring -- we'll bring it along.
Cheers,
Heath & Claire
bsouny

Post by bsouny »

I'll be there guys, I came back yesterday from France ans starting to work tomorrow. I just bought a new backpack and a new winter coat  :D

Viviana won't be here, she arrives in 2 weeks  :'(

See ya
Ben
Akiko

Post by Akiko »

Anyone wants a barely used LED headlamp (designed for ladies) for FREE???  8)
If anyone interested, let me know. I will stop by to bring it around 8pm until 9pm latest. J

I used it only once and it still looks like a new one!
It was not bright enough for me walking around in the dark with bad eyes.....but may work perfectly for some of you.
(You can check the site below for the reviews)
http://www.buzzillions.com/reviews/black-diamond-moxie-headlamp-reviews
Heath Milligan

Post by Heath Milligan »

D'oh!  :o Sorry we missed this one guys -- Claire and I were scrambling to get away from the office and get ready for snowboarding trip on Friday. 
Hope to see you at the next social event... or at Shikinejima! :-)

Cool!  See you there :-)
We brought back 1 new mid-weight Icebreaker (merino wool) from the outlet store in New Zealand (top quality but very cheap) in case one of the OCJ ladies is interested in it for keeping warm skiing/hiking this winter/spring -- we'll bring it along.
Cheers,
Heath & Claire