Rock Climbing Movie Night - Shinjuku: Free Solo フリーソロ Friday, September 6th 7:30 dinner, 10PM Show Time

Anyone can attend. Usually no event fee except if hire costs or overnight events.
Forum rules
We do not answer questions about your private holiday events
Anyone can attend - just reply to event topic.
You accept legal responsibility for yourself, your property, and travel arrangments if attending these events.
Adam

Rock Climbing Movie Night - Shinjuku: Free Solo フリーソロ Friday, September 6th 7:30 dinner, 10PM Show Time

Post by Adam »

The Meeting Time and Location have been determined for this Friday's Social Event.

Current Members Attending (meeting time):
Adam (7:30)
Kushal (7:30)
Asuka
Aki

Time: Friday Night, September 6th at 9:30PM
Location: Lawson Shinjuku Yasukuni Street (across the street from Piccadilly Cinema). Let's meet in front of the Lawson at 9:30
Address: 〒160-0021 東京都新宿区歌舞伎町1丁目1−16
Closest Exits: B5-B9 in Shinjuku Station-East are all good exits to use.

Restaurant (optional):
If you want to have dinner before the movie, let's meet at 7:30 near the entrance of the restaurant (best exit is Shinjuku - East Exit B12b). We can go to an inexpensive and tasty Okinawan restaurant in the neighborhood.
Name of the restaurant: 沖縄料理食堂 やんばる
Address: 〒160-0022 東京都新宿区新宿3丁目22−1

Cinema information:
Piccadilly Cinema in Shinjuku at 10:00PM, 新宿ピカデリー

Summary:
Academy Award Winning Documentary (Best documentary, 2018) - Free Solo (100min). It's a documentary about a rock climber who climbs a 1000m cliff in Yosemite. In the last 30 minutes of the film, you become the rock climber!

Show time.png
Shinjuku map.png
meet here.png
Piccadilly cinema.png
Okinawan Resaurant.png
Last edited by Adam on Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:03 am, edited 12 times in total.
Asuka

Post by Asuka »

I’m in! I wanted to watch this movie thumbsup
Depending on the showtime, shall we have dinner or light meal before or after the movies? Asuka
Adam

Post by Adam »

Looking forward to it everyone.

I'm happy to grab something inexpensive and tasty before or after the show.

It's also in the vicinity of my favorite music venue 'Organ Bar'. Usually a cover charge, but very fun and funky. It's very casual and you can dance any way you feel. So wear your dancing footwear, just in case we go.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Still, no time has been announced for the screening of Free Solo at the Human Trust Cinema in Shibuya. As soon as I find out the time I will post a message.
Nic

Post by Nic »

Hi, I'm new here.

I'm interested in going, and I have Friday off :]
Hiro
Free Member
Nationality (国籍): Japan
Hiking Level: Above Beginner (初級上)

Post by Hiro »

I’d like to join :)
aki weston

Post by aki weston »

id like to join this event! I saw another film called "the dawn wall" about rock climbing in yosemite, and have been wanting to see this one too. thank you for organizing!
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hello everyone,

I have updated the meeting time and location for this Friday's Social Event. The showtime will be late (all other show times were too early). I hope that everyone can still join. If you want to have dinner together before the show, I have also included a meeting time and location for that.

See you in Shinjuku tomorrow.
Kushal

Post by Kushal »

Cool, thanks Adam. See you for dinner at 7:30.
Adam

Post by Adam »

OK Kushal.

Everyone, since we have two separate meeting times, please let me know which time you plan to meet up:

7:30 at the restaurant
-or-
9:30 at the Lawson

Thanks.
Nozomi Abe

Post by Nozomi Abe »

Hi Adam and Kushal

The show finishes close to midnight. I can’t make it this time. I’ll miss the last train eek

I’ll probably watch the movie at some other time.

Hope you have fun tomorrow. Thank you for organizing the event, Adam.

Nozomi :)
Adam

Post by Adam »

Ok Nozomi,

Sorry it could not work out this time. The only other times were at 6:00 and 6:30, which I think is a little too early for most people.

The picture has been out for such a long time now that I may be possible to watch it from home these days. I'm not sure why, but the picture has finally arrived here in Japan. I believe if first came out in February.

Never the less, seeing it on the big screen with some fellow outdoor enthusiasts will add to the enjoyment. Looking forward to see you all tomorrow evening.
Hiro
Free Member
Nationality (国籍): Japan
Hiking Level: Above Beginner (初級上)

Post by Hiro »

Thank you for organizing.
I would love to participate Tomorrow.
But,the movie will finish really late.
Sorry.I can’t join it.
I Hope you Have fun.
Nic

Post by Nic »

Sorry, I can't make it either. The movie ends well past my last train home. Maybe next time!
Adam

Post by Adam »

For the record, all of the cinemas didn't announce their show times for this Friday until two days ago, hence the delay. It appears that Free Solo is not getting any of the more convenient time slots in the theaters.

Here are other times for the picture. We may still be able to see it together if we can all agree on a time and location before noon tomorrow (Friday). I am OK with rearranging the plan. I am OK with any time or location.

Shibuya - 6:00
Shinjuku - 6:10
Itabashi - 6:35
Toyosu - 8:20
Shinjuku - 10:00

The picture is about 110 minutes long. Feel free to check out the site for yourself: http://freesolo-jp.com/

Please let me know if you can join one or more of these screenings.

Thanks.
Adam

Post by Adam »

The 10PM show time in Shinjuku still stands.
Aki and Asuka, please let us know where you plan to meet.

Other members, if you want to join for dinner, that is OK as well, just let me know so I can look for you. We are meeting in Shinjuku at 7:30 and are planning to have Okinawan food. Please check out the map above for the location.

See you all tonight!
Asuka

Post by Asuka »

Adam, I’ll join you guys at dinner. b Thank you for organizing it! ;D
aki weston

Post by aki weston »

Hello, i plan to meet for dinner only- see you soon!